Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New iPods Wednesday?


Wow, its hard to believe, but Reuters is reporting that the iPhone is now selling more than all of the other smart phones COMBINED! This, of course, is in the U.S. Not only that, tomorrow Apple is not only expected to introduce an all new iPod lineup, but, in-addition, a new 'Nano' iPhone that would be smaller and a lot less expensive. This has been sending, as usual, Apple's stock sky high yet again. So far its up some $3.65 as I write, or 2.62 %. Nice! Sadly, I don't own any Apple stock. Not so nice.

Ah, what I wouldn't give to be a fly-on-the-wall in Steve Ballmer's office when this news hits his ear. I wonder how many chairs he will throw around and break this time?

As far as the iPods are concerned, the rumors have been flying like crazy all over the web. Digitimes is confirming that they will be a couple of touch-screen models, or should I say multi-touch. This, naturally, would include one very similar to the iPhone's built-in iPod. That in my thinking would be really great news for Apple's high-flying stock, sending it, no doubt this time, reaching all the way to the stars. Not so for Apple's competitors. God only knows what fears of tomorrow lurks in their hearts?

The Nano iPod itself is reported to be a short, stubby little thing, similar too, but not quite like the present model. It will have a click wheel and a larger touch screen. The baby iPod will look and act the very same but with a greater storage. Other rumors are saying that the iPod, or at least some models, will, at long last, sport a radio receiver and allow for downloading directly to the iPod. I hope so, its about time.

I, like you, the other two or three readers of my little blog, can only guess and hope that the new iPods will be as great as some of the rumors are indicating. However, like you, I will just have to wait with baited breath until the Apple mother-ship unveils them on Wednesday. What a bummer, I hate waiting!

Hopefully, tomorrow will reveal not only iPod's enabled with radio, WiFi, multi-touch, etc., but also other features that no one, as of yet, have even thought or dreamed about.

Personally, me, myself and I, are hoping for a new iPod with not only a built-in radio, TV, GPS, but also, for me, most importantly - a built-in can opener. Oh, mabye they can even throw in an automatice electric butt scrather. That would be nice. In any event, my fingers are crossed.

And thats my 2 cents 4 the day on tomorrows new iPods, this Tuesday, September 4, 2007.

No comments: