Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Exotic Hotels: The Strangest of the Strange!


Above, you can see a rather intriguing picture, but exactly what is it?


Is it some kind of giant Chinese statue?


Well, if you guessed that maybe it was a giant statute of Fu Lu Shou, you would be correct - sort of!


That's because your looking not at a statute, but rather a real live working ten-story hotel, and one that just happened to be shaped as Fu Lu Shou, the Chinese symbol for good fortune, prosperity and longevity.


You can see more shots of this amazing and strange looking hotel from the fine folks over at KillerDirectory. They state that this hotel was built sometime around 2000/2001 in the Chinese province of Hebei, and that this particular hotel also holds the Guiness World Record for being the world's 'biggest image building'.


Now that I can believe.


If you noticed, the peach being held on the left side of the hotel, or by Shou, is in reality an entire hotel suite. No doubt too, this must also make it the one of the peachiest, if not the peachiest hotel suite in the entire world!


Boy, looking back, I have to admit that I've seen a lot of different hotels in the world. Some where beautiful, some exotic, some drab, some down-right ugly, and still others that were down-right breath taking, but never, ever have I seen, or would have ever imagined seeing, a hotel looking quite like this - no not even in fabulous Dubai!


I certainly find this hotel to be as interesting, as much as it is strange, but some how, I'm not really sure if I really like it? Sure, I have to admit that it's certainly colorful, bright and interesting and all, but it's probably, at the same time, just a little bit too strange for a conservative fellow like myself.


In fact, I would imagine, if anything, that this particular hotel would be somewhat of a tourist draw in-and-by-itself. I, for one, would certainly go out of my way to visit this part of the great nation of China, just in order to see this most fascinating hotel with my very own two eyes.


And I can't think of a better hotel in which to stay, once I got there!



And that's my 2 cents 4 this Wednesday, July 15, 2009


Image via: KillerDirectory, via Gizmodo

No comments: